About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
About the role This full- stack marketing leader will be pivotal in taking our health and wellness brand to the next level. With millions of users, we need a seasoned marketing leader with deep digital marketing and consumer SaaS experience. The VP of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for understanding, attracting, and retaining customers while elevating the brand and building the team and processes from the ground up.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Building, managing, and mentoring a high performing multi-channel Marketing team, including product, advertising/paid acquisition, brand, PR, research, and lifecycle marketing
- Creating a strong growth engine that profitably harnesses both paid and organic channels
- Leading the marketing team through development, communication and execution plans from strategy to execution
- Extending the Zero brand to a mainstream audience in collaboration with creative stakeholders
- Leveraging analytics to define, analyze and measure the return on marketing investments
- Identifying and testing new programs and channels that improve user adoption, engagement, and long-term retention
- Building measurement frameworks and analytics infrastructure to evaluate and track the impact of your programs on key business metrics and customer intelligence
- Selecting vendors and agencies alongside long-term management of the relationships
- Arming the team with the right marketing systems, tools, controls, and policies
- Working collaboratively with Product, Design, and the Content and Community teams to ensure there is strategic and executional alignment
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years experience in marketing leadership roles delivering successful marketing strategies in the digital consumer space
- Demonstrated ability to drive strong growth and P&L responsibilities for consumer SaaS products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with coursework in marketing or related major
- Relevant customer marketing experience in a B2C company with an understanding of how to build marketing strategies and programs around different audiences with different goals and personas
- Experience building a successful marketing function from the ground up; you can create a vision and strategy, establish goals and success metrics, develop a roadmap, and then bring it to life with a strong and collaborative team
Exceptional candidates will:
- Act as a confident, proactive, inclusive decision maker
- Create systems, controls, policies and processes that deliver excellent work
- Uphold an unerring quality standard
- Create, communicate and execute on plans that drive business forward
- Effectively build a team, lead, and motivate people to achieve results
- Move between player/coach roles
- Demonstrate analytical and interpersonal skills paired with strong executive-level written and verbal communication skills
- Be a self-starter—eagerness to roll up your sleeves with a willingness to immerse yourself in the business are key
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!