Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers and technologists. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As our VP of Product engineering, your leadership will drive innovation and growth across our products, product development teams and engineering best practices. A pivotal role in the future of our technology, you will be leading the teams in delivering user and customer value, fueling business growth, and investing in our strong engineering culture.
What you’ll do:
- Lead an organization of directors, managers and developers focused on delivering our products.
- Drive hiring, onboarding and professional development of our product engineering teams.
- Incorporate engineering best practices into our product capabilities include reliability, scalability, security, testing and continuous integration & delivery.
- Create opportunities for shared learnings, expertise and technology across our multiple product teams.
- Maintain a strong engineering culture founded on transparency, inclusivity, flexibility and growth.
What you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years in a similar role with experience leading engineering teams supporting multiple products or businesses.
- 15+ years in software engineering.
- Ideally experience in Azure, .Net applications and breaking down monolith applications.
- An understanding of Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange network sites
- Ability to make decisions at high velocity.
- A passion for helping teams work more productively as well as experience with change management.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products
Legally, we need you to know this: Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this: We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.