Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights help clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 when we secured series A funding from venture firms including Innovation Endeavors, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of ~40 employees with offices in San Francisco, CA and Overland Park, KS.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Replica’s technical team consists of industry veterans from Google, Uber, Lyft, Dropbox, as well as academic researchers from top research institutions at the frontier of transportation planning and advanced modeling. The team is heavily mission-driven, with deep technical expertise on big data processing at scale, production software engineering micro-services, and domain knowledge in the field of transportation planning and movement patterns.
The VP of Sales develops the vision, implements the plan, and manages the team that will increase Replica’s brand recognition and grow Replica’s revenue and market share.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Sales will be a strategic thinker, proven leader, and relentless “do-er”, charged with overseeing our sales and marketing functions. Accountable for delivering measurable results that achieve and exceed revenue and margin targets, this position will be capable of contributing meaningful insight to the sales and marketing functions and play an integral role in the overall development and success of the company. More specifically, here’s what you can expect to do in the role:
- Develop strategies and tactics for increasing market share within existing accounts and markets, while expanding into new selected verticals.
- Develop and implement business plans and manage monthly, quarterly and annual expense and revenue budgets.
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the marketing and sales team in a manner that ensures exceptional service to all stakeholders and that produces market differentiation and competitive advantage.
- Establish clear sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring progress and maintaining focus; creates a companywide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Establish and maintain a strong network of relationships within the industry including public agencies, such as MPOs, transportation agencies, budget offices, local, state and federal governments.
- Work with the legal team to develop scalable sales contracts.
- Develop a strong team. Coach, mentor and develop existing professionals.
- Served as a director or VP of Sales Marketing, providing support in the area of marketing strategy and management; developed a marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals.
- Proficient in financial analysis and establishing sales and marketing budget and action plan.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of marketing and sales experience with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead change, mentor and motivate individuals
- Has led growth at an early stage enterprise SaaS company
- Great track record of hiring and growing sales teams and ability to do so with speed
- Hands-on experience strategizing and negotiating complex sales deals
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning.
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact.
- Equity at an early stage startup.
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and HSA option.
- 401k account + employer contribution.
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, Overland Park, KS, and remote.
- Flexible PTO.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.