We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
Entrepreneurship is hard. Clients, employees and suppliers vie for a business owner’s attention, and cash comes into and out of a business at a dizzying rate. And to make matters worse, layers of confusing tax laws threaten the overpayment or underpayment of taxes. This current state has the effect of making entrepreneurship less accessible.
At Bench we’re aiming to make a profound difference in the lives of our customers, by making entrepreneurship more accessible. We are doing this by delivering disruptively affordable and simple accounting services for small businesses in the US – where 80% of business owners today either do not do any bookkeeping; or, struggle to do it themselves.
With 11,000 clients, Bench has created a brand and service that is truly unique in the market, matching exceptional customer service with efficiency and scalability.
We’re accelerating. We recently raised our Series C, participated by Shopify and Sage. We’re increasing the rate of product innovation. And to fully take advantage of our opportunity, we are now looking to add a new senior Leader to our Strategic Partnerships Team. This is an incredible opportunity for a Partnerships professional to make a huge impact on the trajectory of our business.
We have a track record of exceptional partnerships with leading fintechs, many of which are now leading to product integrations. We now need you to take our Strategic Partnerships Team to the next level.
About the Role
You will work with our SVP Revenue and Operations to reset our Strategic Partnerships Strategy including team structure. You will think deeply about how we create immense value for our customers, our partners and Bench. You and your two team members will develop a pipeline of partnership opportunities. And you will manage our current partnerships to ensure there is consistent and increasing lead and client flow in both directions.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Review and reset our Strategic Partnerships Strategy with the SVP Revenue and Operations
- Design the team structure you need, and the career trajectories and competency frameworks for growth on the team
- Hire, coach, and develop incredible Partnerships team members
- With your team, build a strong pipeline of partnership opportunities
- Manage contract and commercial terms with our Partners
- With your team, build momentum in our existing Strategic Partnerships for client flow in both directions
- Work with stakeholders from across Bench to increase outbound lead flow to our partners; and, to increase conversion on inbound leads
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of progressive experience leading a Partnerships or Business Development Team in a top-tier startup, technology company or similar product-driven company
- Strong leadership skills: Ability to motivate, inspire, grow and develop the team
- A strategic mindset: Ability to apply strategic thinking when solving problems
- A collaborative working style: both internally and externally
- A feedback driven approach: Ability to seek feedback from a variety of sources internally and externally and the ability to ensure that feedback channels are robust within their teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
- A well-developed equity lens: You actively engage in leadership of teams and of strategic-level work with an equity lens and an eye for inclusivity. You don’t just accept equitable practices, you model and advocate for them on your teams and in your work.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers a competitive base salary ($223,000 – $278,750 per year), executive bonus ($55,000 per year), stock options and extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.