Sourcegraph builds universal code search for every developer and company so they can innovate faster. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day.
To achieve this mission, we’re looking for a VP Talent to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. You’ll design and execute our hiring strategy, build and manage our recruiting team, and work with all teams across the company.
Sourcegraph is growing very quickly: revenue ~4x YoY (never lost an enterprise customer) and team size ~3x YoY (currently ~80 people). We have a big market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). To grow and satisfy the demand, we plan to hire 100+ people in the next year (and currently have ~20 open roles). So, we need your help!
As Sourcegraph’s VP Talent, you’ll have much more responsibility, upside, growth potential, and budget than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company for exceptionally talented people to join. This is by necessity. The problem we’re solving (Big Code) is hard and the solution (universal code search) is a brand new thing for most people, not an incremental improvement over what exists. Also, developers use Sourcegraph frequently and intentionally, so we’re becoming a well-known brand and need a broad, diverse group of people to love us (not just a single “buyer” at a big company). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
- Design and execute our hiring strategy to attract exceptionally talented people
- Work with every team and hiring manager on hiring plans, interview process, sourcing strategy, candidate experience, etc.
- Build and manage the Sourcegraph talent/recruiting team
- Be responsible for hiring across all teams across the company (product, engineering, design, customer engineering, sales, marketing, and operations) and at all levels (including executive/leadership hires) – but don’t worry, we know you can’t do everything on day 0, so you will have time to build your team first!
- Grow our employer brand (in collaboration with our marketing team)
- Report to the CEO and be a member of the Sourcegraph executive team
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years of in-house recruiting experience at a high-growth software company
- 3+ years of recruiting management experience at a high-growth software company
- Ability to establish and maintain an exceptionally high standard for candidates (and train recruiters to do the same)
- Ability to identify and attract talented people (and train recruiters to do the same) who come from underrepresented backgrounds
- Passion for helping develop the careers of your own team, through coaching and feedback
- Experience recruiting for multiple types of roles (i.e., both technical and business roles)
- Very high-quality verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working at a partially remote, all-remote, and/or global company
- Fluency with best-in-class recruiting software and tools