The big picture: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re looking for a talented editor to steer weekend coverage for Axios.com.
Between the lines: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience editing on a breaking news desk
- Experience with editing independently on weekends or overnights and comfort with making tough news judgments at odd hours
- Experience assigning stories, editing and mentoring young reporters
- Familiarity with the competitive breaking news space on the web, including news headlines and optimizing for social and SEO
- Experience with alerting news for app, email and social audiences
- Proven attention to detail on fact checking and copy editing
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in fast-twitch, high pressure news environments
- Comfort with newsroom workflow tools and real-time analytics.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.