About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven problem-solver and self-motivated individual to help us achieve our operational and financial goals. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this role will be supporting accounting close activities and accounting operations, as well as ensuring compliance with US GAAP. This person will have a desire to exceed expectations and have a flexible, can-do attitude that partners well cross-functionally.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Own and direct various month-end close tasks and maintain audit-ready documentation
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations, variance, and flux analysis
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, and reclassifications, and create supporting schedules
- Develop, enhance, and implement accounting policies and processes to accelerate the scale and improve the accuracy, effectiveness, and timeliness of the monthly close process
- Assist with special projects (ERP implementation, compliance reporting, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation for and coordination of external audits and tax compliance filings
What we value:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting, with a strong comprehension of US GAAP, general ledger, and financial statements
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively across functions and levels throughout the company
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with a big-picture strategic understanding
- Ability to manage ambiguity, and multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Reliability, systematic approach, and ability to identify issues and drive timely and accurate resolution
- “Roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplishing all necessary tasks
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with SaaS accounting is a plus
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.