About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will direct Aurora’s business development representative organization which supports our outbound generation motion. You’ll manage 3-4 first-line managers and their teams to create a meaningful engine alongside marketing and account teams for pipeline growth. In this strategic position, you’ll report directly to the global VP of Sales and partner with marketing, product, customer success, business development, and sales operations to build a high-performing organization that meets our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. The ideal candidate is a metrics-focused and entrepreneurial person who thrives in a start-up environment and enjoys defining sales strategy, designing sales organizations and optimizing sales processes.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Direct 3-4 front-line BDR managers as well as our sales enablement organization and their growing teams
- Recruit, hire and retain a world-class business development organization that is growing rapidly
- Refine and continue building Aurora’s pipeline generation model for our mid-market and enterprise organization alongside our marketing and customer success organization
- Optimize our pipeline generation process and relevant KPIs to continue our hyper-growth in our mid-market and enterprise segments
- Structure and improve existing operations while optimizing our ‘land and expand’ pipeline generation model to increase ACVs and close rates
- Partner with our sales enablement function to develop programs and on-boarding structures that reduce ramp times and boost productivity
- Design meaningful career paths and skill-building programs to drive employee retention and successful promotion paths
- Set and manage detailed pipeline expectations for mid-market and enterprise segments
- Report and forecast quarterly and annual pipeline performance via a data-driven methodology
What we value:
- Curiosity and genuine interest in the solar industry with a mission-focused mindset
- Building culture that’s aligned with Aurora Solar’s values and focused on strong performance
- Customer centricity
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills, and fast, outcome-oriented execution are key to successfully operating in our high growth environment
- Passion for building organizations and developing people while refining career paths for both managers and individual contributors
- Mastership through sales excellence in SaaS
- Experience in enterprise technology sales
- Track record of exceeding sales quotas
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.