About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As the Security Systems Administrator at Aurora Solar, you will ensure the organization’s internal systems and tools are secure, provide best practices, and direct IT security initiatives. You will work closely with Engineering and Legal as a member of the Security Program and provide expertise on initiatives such as SOC2 certification.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and configure the organization’s IT security solutions
- Evaluate security requirements, identify and recommend points of improvement
- Write internal security policies and authorization roles to defend against unauthorized access
- Collaborate with security partners to stay apprised of best practices, new technologies, and latest threats
- Contribute to company training solutions to enhance understanding of and compliance with security policies
- Work closely with Engineering and Legal teams to aid with various internal security initiatives
What we value:
- Experience in obtaining and retaining SOC2 certification
- Proven track record of being able to select, implement, and maintain new security systems while ensuring effective adoption
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and effectively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Project management experience to implement improvements
- Experience working in a SaaS environment or growth-stage company
- A passion for all things security