What you’ll do:
- Frame the end-to-end user journey for a specific product experience. Influence product plan, shape strategy and direction for a significant part of our product.
- Deliver high-quality experiences at all levels of scale. Partner closely with engineering, product, sales, and customer success teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Establish process and mindset to achieve the best possible user experience. Identify UX strategy and frameworks that will help the team best anchor the product development approach.
- Coach and advocate for your team. Inform and guide the work of designers by providing clear, actionable direction and feedback.
- Engage and influence the executive team, rallying partnerships and collaborations to manifest a design-forward vision.
- Plan and manage design backlog, enforce design QA and build thought partnerships with the product and engineering partners. Always making sure that the design team’s work directly contributes to company-wide OKRs and goals.
- Partner with research for specific user inquiries, testing concepts, and UI or to inform UX strategies.
- Actively contribute to a culture of connection and certitude within the design team and with other stakeholders.
What we value:
- Someone who balances creative excellence with humility. You express creativity in output as well as in process.
- Great communicators who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm, illustrate concepts, and effectively tell the stories of their ideas.
- Operating from a place of equality and inclusivity. You will encourage diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. You offer mindful feedback with candor for career guidance, support, and design critique. Always offer an additive style of input and feedback.
- Proficiency working on complex tools, design systems, and multi-role products. You have extensive professional design experience shipping Web-apps, iOS, and/or Android products.
- Speaking with authority when it comes to design details and shaping strategic business decisions through design.
- Rapport with our users. You’re a systems-level thinker and create experiences as scalable as they are elegant and delightful.
- Establishing and upholding quality by clearly defining what that means for your team and valuing delivery over perfection.
- History of managing design operations and processes effectively while hiring and leading design teams.
- Using hypotheses to drive solutions and applying qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions.