About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management to lead a team of Product Managers in achieving some of our most important business and customer objectives. This role will start with a small team of PMs that will grow over time and is already responsible for some of the central pillars of our overall platform. You will sit at the center of developing industry-leading solutions that fuel the accelerated adoption of solar and help us achieve our mission of creating a future of solar energy for all. You’ll work closely alongside the VP of Product and a small set of Director-level peers to set the overall vision and strategy for the Aurora platform, and work across teams to execute on that strategy.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a growing team of Product Managers responsible for our most used products
- Set the vision and strategy for a suite of products that represent a majority of our revenue
- Work with company leadership to align the product strategy and execute it collaboratively across departments
- Help define and improve our larger Product Management team culture and methodology
- Work directly with customers and our customer-facing teams to understand their needs, and communicate the vision and priorities
- Define success criteria for your products, set clear goals in alignment with company OKRs, measure progress, and re-align as needed to help us achieve our biggest objectives
- Be responsible for the high-level priorities and tradeoffs for several of our most critical product areas
- Work with leaders who are peers in the Engineering and Design departments to align resources with priorities, set objectives, and solve product challenges together
What we value:
- Leadership: able to set the direction, inspire the team, and make key decisions to drive the company forward
- Management: able to hire, grow, and mentor a team of Product Managers to help them achieve their goals and company goals
- Big thinking: able to define, align, and evangelize a product vision and strategy
- Collaboration: a reliable and valued member of the team to encourage and enable others to succeed
- Empathy: Listens, appreciates and promotes team members’ perspectives, goals, and opportunities
- User focus: passionate about creating the best product solutions for your users
- Systems thinking: able to analyze complex systems, workflows, and multiple user personas to create the best solutions within the surrounding context
- Software development expertise: able to identify and act on opportunities to improve agile software development teams
- Rigor: asks hard questions, validates their assumptions, and guides the way to achieving goals
- Outcome-orientation: focuses on business results, not output
- Data-driven: able to independently evaluate data from multiple sources across the organization, and use data to inform key decisions. Surfaces and evangelizes progress toward key metrics
- Communication: able to clearly articulate ideas, concerns, and opportunities
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.