About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will own the full scope of how our business and software systems connect, enabling Aurora to engage, sell, and maintain our customer relationships through a broad spectrum of in-house and off-the-shelf technologies.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- As a servant leader, recruit, build, guide, and unblock a distributed engineering team
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders in GTM, Finance, Product, Engineering and external consulting teams to deliver internal engineering projects that involve data flow and integration across GTM, Finance, and HR systems
- Invest in coaching, mentoring, and customized growth plans for each person reporting to you
- Monitor and improve development processes to drive productivity and happiness
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to drive customer-centric engineering
What we value:
- Thoughtful, humble, and mature people-centric engineering leader who subscribes to the tenets of servant leadership
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience leading teams building internal engineering solutions that span cloud based marketing, sales, finance and customer success business systems, data warehouses, and relational databases
- Thrives in a sustainably-paced, high-growth, team-focused environment
- Passionate about building, retaining, and developing distributed teams
- Outstanding communication skills and a natural inclination to collaborate
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing