About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a motivated and results-oriented FP&A Manager who is passionate about driving the business forward through predictive analytics and thoughtful insights at an organization making a meaningful difference in the world. They will act as a strategic partner to our Sales team, playing a key role in supporting Revenue Budgeting/Forecasting, Sales Productivity, and Sales Effectiveness efforts as Aurora continues on its path of hypergrowth.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Partner and steer strategic discussions with Sales management; help influence effective decision-making by providing valuable insights and building trust with stakeholders
- Own end-to-end monthly, quarterly and annual FP&A processes for Sales function (e.g., management reporting, variance analysis, pacing/forecasting, annual budget)
- Build solid, driver-based Revenue and ARR models which forecast and track performance by product, region, and cohort
- Collaborate with Finance peers to define, implement and track performance metrics/KPIs to monitor business results and to drive stakeholder engagement and accountability
- Simplify, streamline, and automate FP&A processes and make full use of forecasting and financial system capabilities that will allow us to continue to scale rapidly and globally
- Work with the accounting team on month-end close to derive accurate and timely reporting that helps identify variances from expectations and trends
What we value:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or Google Sheets is required
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively across functions and levels throughout the company
- Attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with the ability to follow-through
- Experience with Revenue planning and analysis (i.e., Pipeline reporting, quota setting, capacity planning, cohort analysis).
- Ability to prioritize objectives in a fast-paced environment to ensure key deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and experience in analyzing SaaS metrics
- Proficient understanding of financial statements and GAAP
- Experience building models, conducting complex quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.