About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
The Manager, Customer Support is accountable for planning, organizing, managing, and delivering quality customer support and driving change in the organization with a continuous improvement mindset. You are a self-motivated leader with a passion in the career development of individuals and excellent customer service. You will provide training to new hires and develop policies and procedures to improve efficiency. You will also work closely with our product and engineering teams to provide feedback and suggestions on product improvements. A successful candidate in this role will great communication skills across internal and external teams, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Help train and develop the team to be proficient in the solar industry, specializing in relevant sub-domains
- Manage and track metrics for issue resolutions and suggestions for product enhancements.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures based on industry standards; ensure proper documentation and adherence to processes and guidelines.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leaders to ensure that the objectives of the business are being met, outcomes are being delivered, and foster partnership and communication between team members and other areas of the organization.
- Monitor and drive performance of the team, and prepare relevant reports for senior management.
- Manage customer and inter-departmental escalations through to a successful resolution.
- Establish effective processes and practices for knowledge disclosing and communication.
What we value:
- 5 years of technical experience with 3+ years at the management level
- Experience in servicing the solar industry, or other related technical fields
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- A proven ability to guide teams to achieve targets using standard customer support metrics
- A blended customer experience approach that combines high professionalism with personal service delivery
- Experience using customer support and communication software (such as Zendesk, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, coupled with a strong appreciation for customers and their success
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.