About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We’re looking for a program manager to help us scale our product and design efforts, leading key projects and programs that benefit our customers. The Program Manager role at Aurora is central to Aurora’s progress and may go deep working with one team, while also driving cross-functional initiatives that traverse research, design, product, engineering, go-to-market teams as well as 3rd party partners. This role requires a strong mix of organizational and project management skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deliverables at once while developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a project/program manager for our brand and communications design team, evolving tools, processes, and communications as the company and brand mature
- Help keep the team organized and focused on the most important things by maintaining the overall schedule, critical briefs, tasks, budget and timeline, deadlines, and other relevant project information between the brand and comms design team and internal collaborators
- Work closely with marketing stakeholders to translate strategic marketing goals and initiatives into prioritized design deliverables
- Maintain design backlog and align project requests with overall goals and expectations, ensuring projects are on track. Facilitate follow-up stakeholder meetings or reviews as necessary
- Understand Aurora’s products, customers, and marketing channels, to serve as a point of contact for key project information, freeing up the team to focus on strategy and execution
- Manage and source 3rd party vendor relationships including prioritizing work, maintaining budgets, managing information flow and overall relationships
- Work with design leaders on capacity and budget planning given business goals
- As the need arises, lead end-to-end programs that have high customer impact, across research, design, product, engineering, and go to market teams
What we value:
- Experience as an account manager, project manager, or producer at a branding, marketing, or advertising agency, or as a design program manager at a startup
- Experience working on digital or integrated marketing campaigns
- Consultative and collaborative: Asks questions, listens, understands, and supports stakeholders and team members’ perspectives, goals, and opportunities
- Team focused: a reliable and valued member of the team, supporting and enabling others to succeed
- Effective communicator: able to articulate ideas, concerns, and opportunities to affect positive change through programs and initiatives
- Self-starter: Comfortable identifying opportunities, taking initiative, asking questions to clarify prioritization, defining a process or project from definition through launch
- Natural leader: Able to rally and align a team without formal authority
- Exposure to and excitement about agile frameworks. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred but not required
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!