About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded the #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, and experienced Revenue Accounting Manager who is passionate about owning and executing the full cycle revenue accounting processes and reporting at a fast-growing SaaS company. The ideal candidate for this position is a dynamic, strategic, and results-driven leader and able to work well under pressure and create clarity from ambiguity. This position is fully remote in any of the 50 US States and will report to the Controller.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Lead timely and accurate completion of the month-end revenue accounting tasks
- Ensure proper ASC 606 recognition of revenue, deferred revenue, contact assets, unbilled receivables, and AR/revenue reserves for all revenue streams
- Create and maintain ‘audit proof’ revenue related schedules and workpapers
- Collaborate with Billing, Deal Desk, Product, Customer Support and other teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of revenue transactions under ASC 606
- Design and improve revenue processes that can scale and support high-growth
- Lead or assist with special projects as needed (e.g. system implementation, historical data cleanup, new products setup, revenue related disclosures, etc.)
What we value:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting, with a strong comprehension of US GAAP, general ledger, and financial statements
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience with the ASC 606 revenue accounting in a high-growth SaaS environment with multiple revenue streams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively across functions and levels throughout the company
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with big picture strategic understanding
- Ability to manage ambiguity, multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable, analytical, able to identify issues and drive timely and accurate resolution
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.