About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
We are in search of a seasoned Engineering Manager with knowledge and experience to guide, develop, and grow the members of one of our Engineering teams that is focused on cross-cutting product areas, such as User Authentication and Authorization and frameworks that enable other product teams to contribute to and manage relevant aspects of our product within the product area that those teams are responsible for.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Be a servant leader, working jointly with a lean, Agile Frontend engineering team to establish development strategies of CAD-related tools and workflows as well as build a first-class enterprise platform for our customers
- Collaborate closely with PMs, UX Designers, and QA to identify technical and customer-focus impacts, recommend engineering best practices, and provide timeline estimates
- Invest time and knowledge coaching and mentoring team members by assessing skill sets and identifying knowledge gaps
- Encourage growth within your team by providing constant feedback at regular 1-1s and build customized growth plans offering guidance on career plans
- Monitor and improve development processes driving productivity and happiness of a distributed engineering team
What We Value
- Thoughtful, humble, and mature people-centric engineering leader who subscribes to the values of our company
- Passionate about building, retaining, and developing engineering talent in your team
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to collaborate proactively with peers
- Thrives in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing
- A strong technical ability to guide software architecture and a passion for ensuring quality
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 8+ years of equivalent experience
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.