Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos, Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
This exciting opportunity gives you the chance to join an incredible marketing team here at Tyk as a Social & Communities Manager. Your role in the team will be to develop our online and offline communities to drive brand awareness, advocacy, leads and sales pipeline.
You will be involved in planning and developing engaging campaigns and content which effectively target our key personas as well as build relationships with our social media communities. The Social & Communities Manager will develop Tyk’s brand as the world’s most trusted FLAPIM brand; you’ll be the face of the Tyk brand, online and offline, covering our product range from OSS to Cloud, Hybrid and self-managed deployments.
You’ll need to be a natural collaborator as this role will involve liaising with many stakeholders across the business, developing business intelligence and feedback loops across commercial, product and customer success.
As a key brand ambassador, you will also uphold the highest standards of brand consistency, customer service and day-to-day user communications, managing crises where relevant in a down-to-earth, incisive and human manner.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Set up, plan and implement creative community marketing campaigns, strategies, and tactics
- Develop central dashboards to measure on performance monthly
- Create and post a regular social media presence and content
- Implement the community component of brand, product & demand generation campaigns where necessary and appropriate
- Curation of third-party content and relevant responses to relevant industry chatter
- Own social media engagement, listening and reporting, ensuring timely responses
- Be a ‘voice of the community’ for the Tyk marketing, content and wider teams
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organise and manage community events to boost brand awareness incl podcasts, webinars, virtual roundtables, Hangouts
- Build relationships and networks within our community (users, customers, influencers, journalists)
- Create and edit copy from other channels to be repurposed into social and communities
- Determine approaches for content co-creation with relevant third-parties
- Drive brand consistency across our community & social channels. Work with our brand and product marketing team to update tone of voice on ongoing basis as required
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience building healthy, active, loyal and opinionated communities, ideally for a tech/software brand and/or in the developer marketing space
- Demonstrable experience of developing and executing community campaigns including content that improves a company’s brand, demand generation and sales pipeline.
- Demonstrable experience managing social media channels and content (owned and earned), ideally for an OSS, Cloud or Developer-based company
- Demonstrable experience working daily with social media analytics to derive reportable, actionable insights
- Experience managing and persuading a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience of (virtual or hybrid) event management – online and offline
- Understanding of complex technology and the Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments
- Understanding of marketing to multiple, technical audiences in a decision making unit
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open source software is a bonus.
- Outstanding English communication skills to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Able to coordinate across many teams, manage suppliers, and iterate and deliver in a fast-moving, remote-first environment.
- Excellent relationship-builder, able to communicate with a wide range of people from a hacker-developer using Tyk open source to the CTO of a major bank
- Proven experience being self-directed.
- Data-driven, use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.