About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
As a software engineer on the computation team at Aurora, you will help us develop a new generation of optimization engines for our solar design platform so we can generate and analyze bigger systems faster and with more accuracy.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Program in Python and C++
- Improve our current engines and develop new analysis and optimization engines
- Integrate and connect these engines to our existing service and build the interfaces of our web applications
- Write automated tests and debug customer problems
What We Value
- Academic background in linear algebra, calculus, computational geometry, statistics, control theory, optimization, numerical algorithms
- Academic background in advanced data structures and algorithms
- Practical experience with analog simulation, place & route engines, or various analog and discrete optimization methods
- Contributions to large software projects as a member of a broader team
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems, and with build and test tools
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.