About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a frontend software engineer who will help take our cloud-based solar design software, which is used by thousands of solar companies worldwide, to the next level of functionality and interactivity. If you are interested in bringing cutting-edge design methods to a fast-growing solar industry and want to help society transition to a more sustainable future, we would love to hear from you!
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Build new functionality for our industry-leading solar design platform
- Spearhead the development of new greenfield products
- Write high quality, well-tested code
- Implement, guide, and influence Aurora Solar’s front-end engineering practices
What we value:
- 2+ years of experience building maintainable, clean, and well-tested user-facing code
- Great engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Thoughtful balance between shipping code quickly and adhering to best practices
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with full-stack development is a bonus
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.