Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Technical Support Engineer at Aurora Solar, you will ensure our customers are set up for success by answering product questions, advising best practices, and assisting with any technical hurdles that arise. You will also influence our product design and direction by relaying customer requests back to our Engineering and Management teams. If you enjoy working with people and geeking out about the technical and business aspects of the solar industry, we would love to hear from you!
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Reply to inbound customer inquiries and reported issues through our ticketing system
- Identify and troubleshoot bugs (and escalate to the next-level team if necessary)
- Contribute towards our internal and client-facing support documentation
- Conduct screen share sessions with customers to troubleshoot issues they encounter while using the product and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem
- Be part of an on-call rotation for incident/unplanned outage communications for our customers
What we value:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years or more of relevant experience in a customer support role
- Experience with some sort of 3D Design or Modeling platform
- Demonstrated interest in solar technology
- Experience building out and managing a support style-guide
- Passion for improving procedures, documentation, and efficiency
- Knowledge of JIRA or Zendesk
- Experience in a startup environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of solar finance options is a plus
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
-Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $52,000.00 – $70,000.00
-Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $47,500.00 – $64,500.00
-Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $43,500.00 – $58,500.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.