Joro empowers people to decarbonize their lives. With our mobile app, track, reduce, and offset the emissions of everything you buy. We’re a 10-person startup headquartered in Oakland, CA, backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and the founders of Fitbit, Headspace, and Candy Crush. We are honored to be among TIME100’s Most Influential Companies of 2022.
Want to design a solution that mobilizes millions of people to take action on climate change? Looking for real ownership over your work, a tight-knit, collaborative team, and building the next big thing from the ground up? We’d love to meet you.
We’re looking for full-stack developers who care about climate change and climate justice, who love to work collaboratively with team mates, and who love to learn. Joro is a small company and as an early member of the team you will have a say in what we build and how we work together.
We are looking for a mission-driven full-stack developer with some experience building mobile or web applications, and who is hungry to learn more. We’re a small team so you’ll have a big impact regardless of your level of experience.
- Working with the development team across the full stack to build features that will delight our users
- Contributing to a sustainable code base and a stable, scalable product
- Engaging with all your colleagues to shape the culture of Joro
- Growing as a developer and team member
- You are motivated by working on the climate crisis
- You are excited to work as part of a team
- You have some experience as a professional full-stack developer
- You have the ability to learn quickly
- You are excited to work on different things as the product grows and changes
- Our stack is Node.js and React Native so knowledge of those technologies is a plus but not required
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? Research shows that women and marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you’re passionate about what we’re building, please apply. You might be just who we’re looking for.