The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.
But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
This Software Development Manager will be focused on our finance management solutions. If you have prior experience implementing large scale, cross product solutions in the SaaS space, this role is for you!
- Lead a team of Software & QA engineers, applying a mastery of the software engineering discipline and industry best practices, to produce SaaS software products and services of moderate to high complexity.
- Work on problems of complex scope where analysis requires evaluation of multiple factors of the overall product and service.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, quality engineering, and across various product lines to deliver integrated solutions
- Drive design and architecture decisions for the project
- Drive agile planning and execution operating mechanisms
- Contribute to an inclusive work environment by valuing diverse perspectives, communicating positively, and appropriately involving others in the work.
- 7+ years of experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale web apps and services with at least 2 years in a technical people leadership role.
- Extensive experience with .NET Framework & Core, and related best-practices and design patterns
- Extensive experience with unit testing & test-driven development (TDD)
- Extensive experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and SAFe methodologies
- Extensive experience with relational database technology: PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Ability to provide team leadership through communication and collaboration
- Some experience with Terraform and BitBucket Pipelines a plus
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Competitive Medical Benefits (PPO + HSA available)
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability fully covered by Cayuse
- Paid Time Off + Holidays + Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work or Commuter Stipend
- Equal Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Employer Matching
- $30 Wellness Reimbursement
- Remote Work Environment, Supporting the Ultimate Employee Experience
- Fun, innovative Portland Office with Industrious Spirit Offering Kombucha and Cold Brew
This job is not open for any third party agencies.
Cayuse does not sponsor applications for work visas.
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.